These instructions are for members NEW to our U3A.
(If you are or have previously been a member please use the Online Member Services button at right to renew your membership.)
Be Aware- Membership does not always guarantee a place in our courses.
It is an unfortunate truth that there is a plethora of Students but a paucity of Tutors, maybe you would like to become one of these hallowed folk?
View courses and check availability OPEN, WAIT, TBA etc on the right side of the course info. When finished, close the courses page to return to this site.
Be also aware that if you are not a member, you will not receive our newsletters nor our information emails concerning course availability.
You can apply to join U3A Batemans Bay in one of two ways:
Option 1 – After Clicking the Join U3A below fill in your details and you will be taken to a payment page. When using EFT make sure you enter your Surname and your allocated U3A ID
As a member you will be able to access our Online Member Services which will allow you to:
- Enrol in classes (available after Registration Day)
- Lodge an apology if you need to miss a class or classes.
- Make changes to your classes
- Pay membership and event fees
- Check your member record and update it where necessary
- Renew your Membership
- Change your password
If you join online you can collect your member badge on Registration Day, held in January, or by calling at the Shopfront (see Announcements at right for opening times). Please bring your PayPal Receipt as evidence of payment.
Option 2 – Download, print and complete the Membership Application form here or phone 8250 5262 to have a form posted to you.
If any of your details change, please let us know by: updating your member record using Online Member Services; emailing memberreg[at]bbay.u3anet.org.au; or downloading, printing and mailing the change of details form found here.
Deliver your completed form and membership fee…
- by taking it to the annual Registration Day held in January each year
- by mailing it to:
The Membership Registrar
U3A Batemans Bay Inc
PO Box 1304
Batemans Bay NSW 2536
- You’re eligible if you’re no longer working full time.
- There’s no minimum or maximum age, although members are mostly over 50.
- No prior qualifications are required.
Membership Subscription Fee
The annual membership fee is $40.
Please help us to help you by observing the following simple etiquette.
When attending a class or any U3A Batemans Bay function:
- Wear your name badge
- Sign on to the class attendance sheet – this is essential for insurance purpose
- be respectful of other participants and ensure individual learning methods do not disrupt others
- ensure that your phone is switched off or set to silent – if a call is urgent, excuse yourself and take the call away from the class
- comply with all safety instructions given by the tutor.
Let your tutor know:
- of any health issues that might affect your ability to engage in class activities
- if you need to miss one or more sessions of a course (you can use Online Member Services to do this)
- if you are ‘dropping out’, for whatever reason.
Lend a hand:
- with setting up and cleaning up
- by volunteering for tasks such as collecting money or organising refreshments.
Let the tutor or course coordinator know:
- if the activity is not what you expected and/or not as described in the newsletter.